The mission of Peel Dem Layers Back is to educate, empower and equip individuals with basic tools necessary to live a mentally healthy life. This is done while using the culture of Hip-Hop as a vehicle to create a safe space for predominantly black and brown communities to publicly share personal testimonies. Programs consist of mental health workshops, open forums and live performances. The overall goal of Peel Dem Layers Back is to bring awareness of mental health to black and brown communities in efforts to normalize treatment and break the stigma.
- RT @WKSUAmanda: What Archie Green is doing to break the stigma of mental illness, especially in the black community, is nothing short of am…PeelDemLayers3 weeks ago
- @MatthewTessnear @_ArchieGreen 💚💚💚PeelDemLayers4 weeks ago
- RT @MatthewTessnear: Musician @_ArchieGreen makes an important point about #mentalhealth care in this video about his @PeelDemLayers organi…PeelDemLayers4 weeks ago
- RT @_ArchieGreen: @PeelDemLayers in association with @CuyArtsC Present: My Violin Weighs A Ton - The Documentary . Join us for our first s…PeelDemLayers2 months ago
- RT @PatrickShepherd: And here are with the five Cleveland City Champions on the program: — Marc White, Rid-All Green Partnership — @_Archi…PeelDemLayers2 months ago