The mission of Peel Dem Layers Back is to culturally educate, empower and equip adolescents and young adults with essential tools necessary to live a mentally healthy life. Our unconventional approach to offering mental health services is through a Hip-Hop lens. By harnessing the power of Hip-Hop as a vehicle to break the stigma, we create safe spaces for predominantly black and brown communities to publicly share personal testimonies. The activities and programming we offer foster personal development, healing in real-time, a true commitment to self-care and a mutual understanding of mental health in our respective community.
Peel Dem Layers Back was established in 2016 by Hip-Hop Artist and Mental Health Advocate, Archie Green.
- RT @_ArchieGreen: 🗳🗳🗳PeelDemLayers1 week ago
- RT @cleveleads: @_ArchieGreen shares why his depression, “is a gift” and how @PeelDemLayers helping other minority men to cope with anxiety…PeelDemLayers2 months ago
- RT @cleveleads: 2020 Fresh Innovator @_ArchieGreen will be honored September 3 at Spark 2020 for his @PeelDemLayers initiative, including t…PeelDemLayers3 months ago
- Praying for Tamar #MentalHealthMatters 💚💚💚PeelDemLayers3 months ago
- RT @_ArchieGreen: @Rwenshaun “Mind Playing Tricks On Me” in my new @PeelDemLayers Playlist https://t.co/OIzxIypATmPeelDemLayers3 months ago