The mission of Peel Dem Layers Back is to culturally educate, empower and equip adolescents and young adults with essential tools necessary to live a mentally healthy life. Our unconventional approach to offering mental health services is through a Hip-Hop lens. By harnessing the power of Hip-Hop as a vehicle to break the stigma, we create safe spaces for predominantly black and brown communities to publicly share personal testimonies. The activities and programming we offer foster personal development, healing in real-time, a true commitment to self-care and a mutual understanding of mental health in our respective community.
Peel Dem Layers Back was established in 2016 by Hip-Hop Artist and Mental Health Advocate, Archie Green.
- Praying for Tamar #MentalHealthMatters 💚💚💚PeelDemLayers2 weeks ago
- RT @_ArchieGreen: @Rwenshaun “Mind Playing Tricks On Me” in my new @PeelDemLayers Playlist https://t.co/OIzxIypATmPeelDemLayers3 weeks ago
- RT @KidCudi: 🙏🏾🤗 https://t.co/tFNucvUxT7PeelDemLayers3 weeks ago
- RT @cavs: 📽️ LIVE NOW: Head coach J.B. Bickerstaff, @Jeffsnation, Chief Curator of Men Thrive, and @_ArchieGreen, Mental Health Advocate &…PeelDemLayers1 month ago
- RT @NaacpCleveland: Support the arts like @PeelDemLayers and @_ArchieGreen https://t.co/2ORqbbYSSFPeelDemLayers1 month ago