The mission of Peel Dem Layers Back is to culturally educate, empower and equip adolescents and young adults with essential tools necessary to live a mentally healthy life. Our unconventional approach to offering mental health services is through a Hip-Hop lens. By harnessing the power of Hip-Hop as a vehicle to break the stigma, we create safe spaces for predominantly black and brown communities to publicly share personal testimonies. The activities and programming we offer foster personal development, healing in real-time, a true commitment to self-care and a mutual understanding of mental health in our respective community.
Peel Dem Layers Back was established in 2016 by Hip-Hop Artist and Mental Health Advocate, Archie Green.
- RT @cavs: 📽️ LIVE NOW: Head coach J.B. Bickerstaff, @Jeffsnation, Chief Curator of Men Thrive, and @_ArchieGreen, Mental Health Advocate &…PeelDemLayers2 weeks ago
- RT @NaacpCleveland: Support the arts like @PeelDemLayers and @_ArchieGreen https://t.co/2ORqbbYSSFPeelDemLayers2 weeks ago
- RT @habeebahgrimes: Excited for the men to take the mic talking about Black men’s mental health. Thank you, @_ArchieGreen @PeelDemLayers fo…PeelDemLayers2 weeks ago
- RT @cavs: On 6/24 we'll launch “Time To Talk," a new virtual community conversation series inspired by our ‘ALL FOR CLEVELAND’ Movement! T…PeelDemLayers2 weeks ago
- RT @_ArchieGreen: Pt. 2 https://t.co/xkFmqDSPvzPeelDemLayers1 month ago